IT FOCUS AREA: Financialmore in Financial
August 1, 2012
Fortune 1000 Company under Budget Pressure from CFO Turns to Asset Recovery
A large Fortune 1000 company was under budget pressure from its chief financial officer (CFO). By using an asset recovery solution, the company could gain access to the right technology at the right time.
- Company spending approximately $115,000 per month to lease a storage solution
- 20 months left on lease
- New and immediate business requirements for IT
- Company did not want to place additional capacity to existing storage
- A partial technology refresh to the existing environment
- A 44-month lease
- Remaining equipment on lease terminating on the original date
- New equipment and increased capacity
- Existing leases terminated
- Started the new lease with $0 rent, saving two months of budgeted costs
- Lowered company’s annual budget expenditures on an ongoing basis
You might also like
Gain access to the right technology at the right time through asset recovery.
Companies today want a different result from IT. But a new outcome requires not only changing how you think about IT but also how you invest in IT.
Your usage agreements for IT solutions come in two basic forms - capital and operational expenditures.