Is Your Network Ready to Mobilize?
Today's worker uses more than three mobile devices. This extends the workday and the places where employees can work. It also broadens the access areas for connecting to the corporate network.
To give our readers a better understanding of how mobility is affecting the network, FOCUS Magazine did some research on this topic and created the below infographic.
Some things to think about when you read it:
- The number of network-connected devices will be three times the global population in 2016.
- Global mobile data traffic will increase by 400 percent by 2016.
- Two-thirds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2016.
- Public Wi-Fi hotspots are on the rise, expected to increase by 350 percent by 2015.
- The wireless power on a tablet is less than that of a laptop, increasing the need for network access points.