IT Focus Area: Data Center
August 3, 2015
6 Questions to Ask to Better Understand Your Data Center Risks
This is an excerpt from the new The Essential Guide to the Data Center Facility of the Future.
These questions will help you understand what problems may exist in your data center.
1. What does the space situation (horizontal and vertical) look like in my data center?
2. How has the power and cooling capacity or load changed?
3. Am I better or worse off than a year ago?
4. Does my organization have a private and/or public cloud strategy?
5. How am I modernizing legacy applications?
6. Have virtualization, consolidation and optimization been accomplished?
You should address the most pressing issues first. If you aren’t sure what the most pressing issue is, you may want to conduct a vulnerability assessment. Remember, there is always going to be another problem around the corner. It is critical to address your data center issues in a timely manner.
To learn more about the data center of the future, get your copy of The Essential Guide to the Data Center Facility of the Future.